Feedback“Insightful day which included talks from a broad range of speakers on topics relating to biodiversity” WS Planning & Architecture
Everyone was warmly welcomed to our fourth annual Biodiversity and Planning Conference. We were joined professionals across the country and leading experts on Place Making, Green Belt, BNG and LNRS.
The day was tailored to be suitable to all professionals within the Biodiversity and Planning industry. We also encouraged those who are currently in further education and looking to establish careers within the planning or ecology service sector.
The conference provided the opportunity to:
- Gain insight into the challenge of mitigating climate change and biodiversity net gain
- Take part in question & answer sessions with panelists
- Network with ecologists, planners and nature experts
- Understand the significance of the Environment Act and what it means for the planning and biodiversity sector
- Getting a firm understand of Local Nature Recovery Strategy
- Increase knowledge of the Biodiversity Net Gain
- Discover learnings that could be implemented in work, based on local authority case studies and pilot project
Feedback“I particularly enjoyed the collective thinking on how we plan for biodiversity in our rural spaces, but also placemaking in our towns and villages, connecting communities and organisations with those spaces.” Jay Neale, Associate Director | Practice Manager – Environment Practice, Atkins
Who were our speakers?
- Catriona Riddell BA (hons) FRTPI Director of Catriona Riddell & Associates Ltd
- Krista Patrick Principal Consultant Nature Recovery Network Planning Advisory Service
- Matt Kirby BSc (hons) MSc (Cand.scient.) ONE Planet PhD Researcher Department of Geography & Environmental Sciences
- Deborah Fox BSc (hons) MA FCILT Placemaking Group Manager, Surrey County Council
- Andy Smith Director SQW Land & Property
- David Coote Associate Director Ecology, Temple
- Vivienne Greenough CEcol MCIEEM Natural Environment Strategic Lead, Surrey County Council
- Sarah Jane Chimbwandira Chief Executive, Surrey Wildlife Trust
- Dr Caroline Jessel Chair of South East Nature Partnership, Chair and Founder of Dandelion Time
- Craig Hutton Senior Planning Officer at Spelthorne Borough Council
- Simon Elson Principal Environmental Enhancement Officer at Surrey County Council
- Mike Waite Director of Research & Monitoring at Surrey Wildlife Trust
- Duncan Clark Planning Policy Manager at Mole Valley Borough Council
To view the conference in full click here to see the YouTube live stream link.
You must be logged in to post a comment.