We are looking for an administrator with experience and initiative to support the Director of Surrey Nature Partnership (SyNP) in the recovery of Surrey’s Nature. SyNP is a long standing partnership established in 2012 to advocate for nature in Surrey, influence policy and strategy in the county and to lobby Government for better legislation to support the recovery of nature across the country. We are now building a new team to take our work into the next phase, working with partners to develop a strategy for the Nature Recovery and ensuring the subsequent action on the ground.
The post is part time, 21 hours a week to be worked flexibly, and is home based, although the ability to travel occasionally to a venue within Surrey is desirable. With previous administration or secretarial experience, good communication and IT skills plus the motivation to get things done, this is a role which can make a real difference to our progress reconnecting nature across Surrey.
The post is initially for 2 years and will be hosted by Surrey Wildlife Trust on behalf of the Surrey Nature Partnership
If you believe you have the experience for the role and are able to fulfill the criteria outlined in the job profile, please provide a covering letter and CV, outlining your skills, and send it to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 9th September 2022. Interviews will be held w/c 19th September 2022.
We are committed to having an inclusive and diverse workplace and encourage applications from backgrounds which may be underrepresented in our sector, including people from minority ethnic backgrounds and people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any adjustment to make our recruitment process more accessible.
Below is the Job Profile, which can be downloaded
Surrey Nature Partnership
Job Profile: Administrator – Part time 21 hours a week to be worked flexibly
Salary fte £25k per annum (£15,000 pro rata for 21 hours)
Ensure the efficient and effective running of the day to day business of the Nature Partnership (SyNP) including:-
- set up and manage all meetings internally and externally as required,
- run the diaries of the Director and Chairman of the Board,
- answer queries and keep the website up to date
- Support the team in the creation of content across all digital media
- Support the running of conferences and events
- Support the work of the Director and Chairman of the Board
Role and Responsibilities
- Organise the diary of the Director and Chairman relating to the SyNP
- Organise Board meetings online and in person
- Set up meetings between the chairman and director, board members and partner organisations, online and in person, where appropriate
- Take minutes of the Board meetings and circulate them to Board Members
- Upload information and documents to the Website ensuring it is kept up to date.
- Arrange events and ensure all bookings are sorted, relevant information distributed and invites are all sent out and responses co-ordinated. This will include the annual Biodiversity and Planning Conference and similar events
- Ensure the Director’s e-mail, and other communications to the SyNP, are managed as necessary.
- Maintain website, and social media, ensuring pages are up to date and effective
- Excellent secretarial skills including typing and use of IT packages (Microsoft Office, excel, PowerPoint, publisher, outlook) plus minute taking and production
- Excellent administration skills, time management and an orderly approach to all activities
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to use initiative and to work collaboratively
- Experience of setting up and running online meetings
- Experience of working with WordPress and social media channels is desirable.
- calm, positive approach to work is essential
- flexible, can do and want to do attitude, ability to use initiative and act decisively
- ability to gain respect of work colleagues, Board members and external stakeholders / partners
- friendly disposition but able to maintain appropriate diplomacy with staff and Trustees including confidentiality at all times
- an interest in wildlife and conservation would simply make the role more rewarding
Able to work from home and to get to locations for events and meetings
The role will work with the Director and Chairman of the Board of the Surrey Nature Partnership and be initially hosted by Surrey Wildlife Trust on behalf of Surrey Nature Partnership.